We have an immediate full-time opening for a strong paralegal/legal assistant. At least 2 to 5 years relevant experience and a bachelor's degree are preferred, but more important than formal training is to be a person who knows how to solve problems, overcome obstacles, and get the job done. We thrive in a family-friendly environment where everyone works well as a team.
Our firm’s practice areas include land use and civil litigation. The right applicant should have the experience to support 2-3 well-seasoned and experienced attorneys.
- 2-5+ years litigation support experience
- Tech savvy and adept with Word, DropBox, Adobe, Outlook, Excel and Web-based research tools
- Experience with e-filing documents in state appellate courts with a thorough knowledge of the procedures and timelines including California and local rules
- Experience preparing, editing and finalizing correspondence, discovery and pleadings
- Experience collecting and organizing client documents for production in response to discovery requests
- Manage files – paper and electronic – and help lawyers stay organized and focused
- Ability to work independently and work within a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
The successful candidate will be a proactive and enthusiastic team player who will confidently manage a diverse work load, interact professionally with clients, co-workers and court personnel, move quickly through routine issues and effectively handle urgent matters with excellent customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Please send a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com telling us a little bit about yourself and why you think you would be a great fit for the position. Salary range: $50k+, depending on experience, with benefits.